The 16-20 month MS EAI program opens the door to advanced skills that will enable engineers to design powerful solutions to today's challenges. Students learn to combine a foundation in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science with their engineering, information technology, and software skills through theoretical and practical hands-on study of real-world applications.
Is the MS EAI right for me?
- Are you an engineer who:
- has solid math and programming skills?
- is interested in integrating new technologies into your designs?
- wants to apply your engineering skills to opportunities in Africa?
- wants to learn about AI and machine learning and is willing to invest in a rigorous two-year program to learn more?
- If you said yes to all of these, then MS EAI is for you!
Requirements for the MS EAI degree
Those pursuing a degree in MS EAI from CMU-Africa must:
- Complete 144 units of coursework
- Maintain a cumulative quality point average (CQPA) of 3.0
- Take no longer than 4 semesters to complete the program
Geographical locations for the MS EAI
CMU-Africa is part of the College of Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University. CMU-Africa students to take semesters at CMU’s Silicon Valley campus and/or Pittsburgh campus in addition to the one required semester in Kigali, Rwanda.