You will need these documents to fill out our written application:
- Unofficial transcript: You do not need a notarized official transcript from your university to apply. If you are in your final year of study toward a bachelor’s degree, please upload your unofficial transcripts up until the most recent semester. Upon admission to our programs, you will be requested to bring your official transcript to verify your credentials. Learn more about transcript requirements.
- Essay or statement of purpose: This is an opportunity for you to tell the admissions team about yourself and explain why you want to attend CMU-Africa. Please note that applicants who plagiarize will be blacklisted and cannot apply to CMU-Africa again in the future.
- The Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering program requires a statement of purpose, submitted through your application portal, where you will be asked why you want to join the MS ECE program. There is no word limit, but you should be clear and concise.
- The Master of Science in Information Technology and the Master of Science in Engineering Artificial Intelligence programs require you to answer three short essay questions (with an optional fourth question), submitted through your application portal. The maximum word count for each essay is 300 words.
- An up-to-date CV: Upload a concise document showing your professional and academic experiences to date.
- Recommendations: Upload the contact information of three individuals who can provide the application team with a recommendation for you. Select people who know you well, for example, a current/former professor, a supervisor at work, a community leader, etc. You will not need letters of recommendation while applying—the application team will contact your references.
- Upload a valid ID or passport: National ID and passport are the accepted forms of ID for your application.