Applications to CMU-Africa open October 1.
You will need these documents to fill out our written application:
- Unofficial transcript: You do not need a notarized official transcript from your university to apply. If you are in your final year of study towards a bachelor’s degree, please upload your unofficial transcripts up until the most recent semester. Upon admission to our programs, you will be requested to bring your official transcript to verify your credentials.
- Statement of purpose: This is an opportunity for you to tell the admissions team about yourself, explain why you want to join the Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Master of Science in Information Technology, or the Master of Science in Engineering Artificial Intelligence program and talk about your career goals. There is no word limit, but you should be clear and concise. Please note that applicants who plagiarize will be blacklisted and cannot apply to CMU-Africa again in the future.
- An up-to-date CV: Upload a concise document showing your professional and academic experiences to date.
- Recommendations: Upload the contact information of three individuals who can provide the application team with a recommendation for you. Select people who know you well, for example, a current/former professor, a supervisor at work, a community leader, etc. You will not need letters of recommendation while applying—the application team will contact your references.
- Upload a valid ID or passport: National ID and passport are the accepted forms of ID for your application.